Ed 16 Tick the right boxes

 

 


Covid 19 lockdown again, tier 5 no less! My, how well we are doing! According to them what’s supposed to know, it seems there’s no fishing, unless you can fish ‘locally’, at least until mid-February. I don’t have any local trout fishing, at a stretch I could fish the tidal Itchen, but there will not be many fish until the Spring warms the water. This has set me down the road of fly-collection-perfection once again! I ordered five new fly boxes to help overhaul and sort the massed ranks of flies once more, aiming for some sort of ‘meaningful’ order. No doubt this exercise will once again produce a heap of ‘no confidence’ ones, which I’ll put to the sword (er, knife) so I can re-use the hooks. Also, at least one of my older boxes has strips of slotted foam that are much less ‘stuck’ than they ought to be.


 I will re-post when I’ve  actually got somewhere, to let you know the outcome. I suppose the first thing to do is list the flies in some sort of order, on paper, then commence grouping patterns for their practical use, finally deciding what fly patterns should go in which boxes, possibly incorporating some box colour co-ordination? Can’t wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer long ago

Read all about it! No fake news here

Tempest