The one who stole my heart



I cannot remember the very first time I noticed her, but from that moment I couldn’t get her out of my head, she seemed different somehow. The vitality, the quickness, effortless grace, her very spirit, made her stand out from her companions. Time passed; I didn’t always see her, but I always looked for her. I felt somewhat guilty to be watching her graceful movements; I tried to make sure she didn’t notice me when I stared, mesmerised. In time, she grew more curvaceous, and dwelt more and more in my dreams.

Came the day that I realised this longing simply had to be dealt with. It was now or never. I was drawn once more to the place I most often saw her, and there she was, dancing in the soft light.

She was so alluring, yet I kept to the shadows, confidence deserting me, unsure of what to do next. My very being knew that I would only get one chance, that her beauty would always attract rivals. I watched for what seemed an eternity, then she moved closer, facing in my direction, her eyes seemed brighter. My heart pounded and my breath caught in my chest, though filled with self-doubt I made my move, hoping to attract her, almost dying in the moment. She noticed, paused for just a moment, then moved towards me, eyes bright with intent, lips parting. My heart leapt at her response, I gulped for breath, it was really happening!

I reacted to her touch, pulse pounding, was she going to be mine at last? Words failed me, my thought process ceased, but I held on nevertheless, in awe of her very essence, in wonder at her beauty, but in that instant I knew she would be mine, after all the anxious waiting and hoping.

Finally, I gazed down at her as she lay before me, I now possessed her as I had yearned to do, but heart and soul both knew that I must set her free, I touched her lightly as she slipped from my fingers and I watched her move languidly away without a backward glance, a free and graceful lady. This memory would be enough; no man ever forgets his first love, no matter where life takes him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Summer long ago

Read all about it! No fake news here

Tempest